Monday, April 20, 2009

Cowboy Bebop

Cowboy Bebop was an awesome show. It lasted only one season because that's where the story ended. The story followed Spike Speigel, his bounty hunter partner Jet Black, a hired hand Faye Valentine, and a kid named Ed, oh and a superdog named Ein. Spike left a crime syndicate by faking his death. He had hoped to leave with his love, Julia, his former crime syndicate associate's girlfriend.

Dense, neh? Every session was named after some song or musical concept. I started watching it in 2001. Cartoon Network would show Cowboy Bebop part of its Adult Swim lineup.

Anime is not usually my thing, but this show resonated to me. In the first movie my friends and I made we even had a scene that was in there solely as a homage to the show.

Looking back, I'm glad to have only gone as far as I have into anime. And I'm glad I didn't get that far into it. Spike and Julia, my cats, agree.

No comments: